JAMB Mock Exams: This post among other things will discuss
- what the JAMB mock exam is,
- how to register or apply for it,
- the nature of the questions and answers,
- when the Mock exams will come up,
- if the exam is compulsory for all candidates,
- or does JAMB add the Mock marks to the main UTME?
Since the inception of UTME computer-based exams, JAMB has devised a way to get candidates prepared for the exam far before the date. In order to achieve this, they came up with MOCK.
In other words, this exam is meant to prepare UTME candidates for the real test coming.
1. What is JAMB Mock?
According to Victionary.com, a Mock is an examination, where the marks may or may not count, which serves chiefly as practice for future exams or so that the teachers are able to set a grade before the end of the term.
This type of exam is not new as it is usually adopted by schools and the government to know the ability of students before the main exam.
That’s why I define the JAMB mock as pre-UTME and preparatory exams.
2. How Do I Register for JAMB Mock?
JAMB instructs any candidate who is interested to sit for Mock at various CBT centres across the nation to buy a UTME-plus Mock PIN instead of a UTME-only PIN.
If you’re interested in the preparatory test, all you’ll do while buying your UTME PIN is select the option for Mock instead of UTME only.
3. What is the Nature of the Questions in this Exam?
- Giving candidates clues to how JAMB UTME is like
- Exposing candidates to the way JAMB sets questions
- Testing candidates’ ability for UTME
- Allowing candidates to know if he or she is weak or strong in their subjects or otherwise
- Familiarizing students with the use of computers to write test
- Making candidates understand the CBT exams environment
Having said that, candidates are to know that questions set for mock are not different from that of the main UTME. The same exam body will set them from the same database.
Even though you shouldn’t expect JAMB to repeat the same questions set for mock during the UTME, yet questions are not different in nature.
Check how JAMB marks and scores in English and other subjects and get an idea of what negative marking is and how it may or may not affect you.
4. Does JAMB Add the Mock Score to the UTME Score?
You may want to know if JAMB will add your mark in mock with your score in UTME if you’ll sacrifice the time and effort for the exam. Some candidates who chose not to write it may be worried too – thinking they may be missing something.
The bad and good news is that your mock score will not be added to your UTME score.
They’re independent of each other.
In fact, if you’re already familiar with the CBT exam environment, you may not need such a preparatory test.
Recommended: How to Train Yourself for CBT (UTME and Other Computer-Basted Tests)
5. When is the Mock Exam Coming UP?
Hence, candidates are to print their exam schedule slips on or before that date on the JAMB official page.
6. Is JAMB Mock Compulsory for All UTME Candidates?
With all the explanations above, you should by now, get an idea of what this test is all about. Hence, you know if this is necessary for you or not.
In summary, it’s optional and it doesn’t affect how JAMB gives you a score in UTME